Glitter Force Doki Doki(DokiDoki! Precure) is the second Glitter Force series. It consists of the 3rd and 4th seasons of the brand as a whole and the ninth installment of the Pretty Cure franchise as a whole.
The first season was released on Netflix on August 18th, 2017 and the second season was released November 10th, 2017.
Four girls summon their inner superheroes to defend Earth and the magical kingdom of Splendorius from King Mercenare and his minions.
- Maya Aida/Glitter Heart (Aida Mana/Cure Heart)
Maya is the bright and energetic student council president of Seashell Bay Middle School in her second year. She's a person who believes actions speak louder than words, and will often jump in to help others without even thinking about it. Both elders and youngsters around her believe in her leadership capabilities. She can transform into Glitter Heart. Her theme color is pink.
- Rachel/Glitter Diamond (Hishikawa Rikka/Cure Diamond)
Rachel is the student council secretary in Seashell Bay Middle School. She's Maya’s childhood friend. She was always protected by her back then, which makes Rachel always believe in Maya, but Rachel always protected Maya when she was a troublemaker. She is also one of the ten best students in national mock exams. She can transform into Glitter Diamond. Her theme color is blue.
- Clara Yotsuba/Glitter Clover (Yotsuba Alice/Cure Rosetta)
Alice is a childhood friend of Mana and Rachel. She's a kind person, sweet, talented and gentle, but often flaunts wealth involuntarily. She can transform into Glitter Clover. Her theme color is yellow.
- Mackenzie Mack/Glitter Spade (Kenzaki Makoto/Cure Sword)
Makenzie is the royal guard of the Splendorious in parallel worlds. She came to Seashell Bay to find the princess after her nation was invaded and became a super idol and extremely popular fashionista. Cool and always has a strong sense of responsibility, but harbored remorse for feeling that she didn't protect the princess, and doesn't get along well with her new allies. She can transform into Glitter Spade. Her theme color is purple.
- Natalie Miller/Glitter Ace (Madoka Aguri/Cure Ace)
Natalie is a mysterious, wise Glitter Force Warrior who initially watched over the other four Glitter Force Warriors to ensure they grow stronger. She reveals herself as Natalie in episode 2. She tried to seal away King Mercenare in the past but failed to do so, causing her pixie Dina to revert to an egg and rendering her powerless. After reuniting with Dina, she is able to transform once again, but with a limit of five minutes. She is no longer bound by the time limit after having gained knowledge of her true identity, from the Golden Crown of Wisdom, as Marie Angelica’s light fragment. She can transform into Glitter Ace. Her theme color is red.
Kippe is Glitter Heart's rabbit-like fairy partner. She’s most passionate of all the four mascots, she has a passionate heart and always works hard. Kippie could also turn herself into a human, taking the form of a young middle school student.
Rory is Glitter Diamond's dog-like fairy partner. He is very reliable to the other fairies, much like his partner. Raquel could also turn himself into a human, taking the form of a young elementary school student.
Lance is Glitter Clover’s bear-like fairy partner. He is the youngest out of the four mascots and a little spoiled. Lance could also turn into a human taking the form of a young kindergarten student.
Davi is Glitter Spade’s cat-like fairy partner. She is very independent, but she often worries about her partner. Davi is able to transform into a human and acts as Makenzie’s manager.
Dina is Glitter Ace's baby-like fairy partner. She is a baby pixie who was reborn as an egg by King Mercenare’s powers, later being a baby. She made her first appearance in episode 8.
- Princess Marie Angelica/Princess Marie Ange
Marie Angelica is the princess of the Splendorius, who's being protected by Glitter Spade before the beginning of the story. She is transported to the Human World and has gone missing, much to Glitter Spade’s dismay.
- Johnny/Sir Jonathan Klondike/Okada Joe
Sir Jonathan Klondike is a knight from the Splendorius, who disguised himself as Johnny, a shopkeeper who sells Glitter Charms of any kind, he has hope on finding Princess Marie Angelica, whom he is betrothed to, with the help of the Glitter Force.
- The King of Splendorious/Trump King
He is the King of Splendorious and the true identity of King Mercenare. His story was revealed in episode 12 (season 12) when Natalie used the Golden Crown of Wisdom to show the truth about Splendorious’ invasion.
- Mercenare Trio (known as Selfish Trio in the original Japanese version) is a group consisting of three people, they appear early in the season. All the members of the trio have the power of making themselves into a Distain. The members are:
- Ira - A young boy who has light blue hair and bat wings behind his ears. He represents Wrath.
- Bel-A middle-aged man who wears sunglasses and bat wings behind his ears. He represents Sloth.
- Marmo- A model-like woman who wears a pink tube hat and bat wings behind her ears. Her weapon is a whip. She represents Greed.
- Regina - A spoiled, selfish girl. Daughter of King Mercenare, and wants to be friends with Maya, not wanting to fight her. Throughout the series, her feelings waver as she befriends the Glitter Force. However, as her father finds out, he brainwashes her, making her become a bigger enemy to the Glitter Force. She is later revealed, by Natalie herself, to be Marie Angelica’s shadow fragment.
The main antagonist of the series. Father of Regina, and feared by the Mercenares, who do his bidding. He was put under a spell by the Princess, causing him to turn in stone. He needs Distains, made by the Mercenares, to collect dark energy, so he can be free.
Distains are the monsters summoned by the villains of the series to battle the Glitter Force. Unlike some other monsters, they are not made of objects, however, have a related shape of selfish thought.
Sebastian is the butler of Clara; he discovers the Glitter Force’s secret identity with Clara due to security footage of the first battle at Yotsuba Tower and becomes the butler and confidante of the team, assisting Glitter Clover and all the girls as needed.
- Glitter Charms/Cure Loveads
The transformation and attack items of the Glitter Force.
- Glitter Pad/Lovely Commune
The transformation and attack device of the Glitter Force.
- Glitter Heart Arrow/Love Heart Arrow
The main weapon of the Glitter Force.
- Love Eyes Palette
The transformation device of Glitter Ace.
- Glitter Sparkle Stick/Love Kiss Rouge
The main weapon of Glitter Ace.
- Glitter Crystal Pad/Magical Lovely Pad
The Glitter Force's secondary weapon.
- Glitter Harp/Magical Lovely Harp
The Glitter Force's secondary weapon.
- Splendorious/Trump Kingdom
An alternate world ruled by Princess Marie Angelica.
- Seashell Bay Middle School/Oogai First Middle School
Maya, Rachel, and Makenzie’s school.
A major landmark within the town, owned by the Yotsuba Corporation controlled by Clara’s family. Both Maya & Clara gained their Glitter Charms here and the pixies originally arrived at this point where the battle with the Mercenares began.
- Pigtail Restaurant/Pig Tail
Maya’s house and restaurant.
- Seashell Bay/Oogai Town
The hometown of Maya, Rachel, Clara, Makenzie, and Natalie.
Differences Between Glitter Force Doki Doki and Doki Doki! Pretty Cure
- Like in Glitter Force, some footage is darkened, likely to prevent seizures.
- Also, like in Glitter Force, the dialogue is often added in scenes that have no dialogue in the original Japanese version.
- The names of the Cures are Americanized. However, Maya and Clara retain their original surnames of Aida and Yotsuba respectively. The Selfish Trio's names are also unchanged for the most part.
- Sharuru is renamed Kippie, Raquel is renamed Rory, Daybi is renamed Davi, and Ai is renamed, Dina.
- When in Glitter Pad form, the mascot's voices become slightly distorted, as if they're coming from a speaker. This effect is not present in the original version.
- The Trump Kingdom is renamed the kingdom of Splendorius.
- The name of the Selfish King is changed to King Mercenare.
- The name Jikochuu is changed to Distain.
- Some dubbed episodes are combinations of two original episodes. For instance, episode one of Glitter Force Doki Doki is made up of the first two episodes of Doki Doki Pretty Cure.
- The Lovely Commune is called the Glitter Pad and the Cure Loveads are called Glitter Charms.
- Okada Joe is now known as Johnny and Princess Marie Ange is now known as Princess Marie Angelica.
- Thirteen episodes are completely cut from the dub.
- The combination of other episodes results in Glitter Force Doki Doki having a total of 19 fewer episodes than the original.
- Glitter Force Doki Doki has 19 fewer episodes than the Japanese version (Dok iDoki! Pretty Cure), which means the 19 episodes were omitted.
- 13 episodes of the original are completely removed, while other episodes are combined.
- It's never explained how the Glitter Force uses their upgrade for Five of a Kind Glitter Bow, as the episode where they got it in the Japanese version is removed.