"A Diamond in the Rough" is the second episode in season 1 of Glitter Force Doki Doki and the 42nd episode overall.
- Rory and Lance reveal their names.
- Maya's family and the restaurant they own is shown for the first time.
- Bel makes his first appearance.
- Johnny's shop is shown for the first time.
- Rachel transforms into Glitter Diamond for the first time.
- Glitter Diamond performs Twinkle Diamond for the first time.
- Maya Aida / Glitter Heart
- Rachel / Glitter Diamond
- Mackenzie Mack / Glitter Spade (Mackenzie only appears on a poster, and Glitter Spade only appears in a flashback.)
- This episode is a combination of episodes 2 and 3 of the Japanese version.
- Episode 2's title is "Yipes! Cure Heart's Secret Identity Has Been Blown!" (ガーン！キュアハートのしょうたいがバレちゃった!! Gān! Kyua Hāto no Shōtai ga Barechatta!!).
- Episode 3's title is "The Greatest Partner Appears! Cure Diamond!!" (最高の相棒登場！キュアダイヤモンド!! Saikō no Aibō Tōjō! Kyua Daiyamondo!!).
- Episode 1 of Glitter Force Doki Doki also contains footage from episode 2 of the Japanese version (Glitter Heart fighting the Distains and saving Glitter Spade).
- The Japanese version of episode 2 has Mana (Maya) confessing her identity to Rikka (Rachel) earlier than she does in Glitter Force Doki Doki as well as Rikka helping Cure Heart (Glitter Heart) fight against a Distain made from a stoplight.
- The Japanese version of episode 3 shows Mana and Rikka eating at Mana's restaurant, not just them leaving afterward.
- It also shows Rikka writing the letter a letter to her father, rather than just mentioning that she did the next day.
- Additionally, the end of the Japanese episode 3 has Mana, Rikka, and Raquel (Rory) realizing that Lance is gone and Alice (Clara) appearing shortly afterward.